Monday, September 02, 2013

Day 1.

Today is actually day 2 of my vegetarian. Yes I survived! For such a meat eater, it's such a major accomplishment. Yesterday was especially tough as I was out with my family for staycation! How to not have good food while out?

On Saturday, we had a good last meaty meal at Seafood Paradise. Rather pricey, yet not as good as those good old neighborhood hawker. But we had a filling and pretty much satisfying meal.

Saha and I woke up quite excitedly about our vegetarian month!

Our initial plan was to go Killney at Marina Square for breakfast. But it was filled with sweat drenched hunky male who had just finished their 21km army marathon. hee! So we changed our venue to Hans. I was rather pleasantly surprised to know that Hans have a fair bit of section of vegetarian dishes on their menu!

Saha's fried egg sandwich, which I took half.
My mushroom omelette! Love the bread! 

After breakfast, we went for a walk at Gardens by the bay. 

So expensive for 2 domes! 
But the price was justified by the pretty flowers!
And the freezing temperature. 

We then had lunch at Majestic Bay, a dim sum restaurant.
Major challenge for me as I love my har kow and siew mai!!! 
Not forgetting fried beancurd skin with shrimps, shrimps cheong fan etc...

But I pulled through! 

I had more than that. hee! 
Enough to make me half full.
Fish porridge without the fish! 
Pure vegetarian. 
Egg tart, vegetable dumplings, and liu sa bao.
Honestly, I don't quite fancy any of those. HAHA.
But I can't be picky.
Seafood Bee Hoon! Minus the seafood.
Tasty!!! 
Slurped up everything before I rmb to document it!

Then it was teabreak..
Butter cake, specially from Lingerfinger!!! Courtesy from SAM!!! 
Here's a shoutout to u! 
Sam, u're awesome!!! 
THANK U!!!!!!!!

An hr after tea break, I went for a run. 
I tried interval running, as suggested by Saha and Sam.

Boy I regretted trying interval running. 
I was burnt out within the first 1km!!! 
But I struggled and finish about 4.5km. 
Only cos I saw a wild dog. (which looked scary!)

Then came dinner! 
My parents bought veg bee hoon from northpoint.
Rather bland. But I finished the sides. 

My mom, the amazing cook, salvaged the bee hoon for today's breakfast. 
(See day 2).
Fruits! Cut by my dad. 
Extremely supportive parents! :)))
Last, but certainly not the least, 
homemade MANGO SAGO!!!!

Dessert from Andy's (Saha's bf) mom! 
It took me through Liverpool Vs Man U match. 
(YAY Liverpool won. and 
YAY YAY YAY Arsenal won!!!)

Okay that concludes my Day 1. 
Pretty good start for my vegetarian diet! 

No comments: