Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I cooked!

I cooked for the 1st time ever in my life! (1st proper meal) Not only me, but with JX and the IH guys. I made mashed potatoes! (hall ppl, u shld know who I learn from right? haha!) I almost died mashing. So much work! The potatoes were so damn hot and I've to peel them. And I've got to dig out some buds or dunno what it's called. So glad everyone finished it! Thou I think it's a bit gross, by the way I prepared them.

JX did the fried fillet thing (was damn delicious!), Samuel made asparagus (nice!!!) and Jeff did Campbell soup (no comment. ha! But gd job on the 1st attempt). To give Guoxin some credit, he washed the dishes and unwillingly finished my mashed potatoes. ha! I love having dinner with the IH ppl.

The IH ppl are watching kite runner!!! I wanna watch! Siti introduced the bk to me. Seems damn gd based on the 1st chap, but didn't get to finish reading. Hope to watch it!

Anyway, sch has been fun! One thing I like abt American classes is that it's only for an hr ( but is for 3 times a wk). I'll never feel sleepy in class. But I can't afford to be sleepy cos no notes are given! Only a basic outline, which is made up of a few keywords. Got to catch whatever the prof is saying and jot notes down. Not like in NTU. ha! Don't go lect also can catch up rather easily. omg. The IH ppl are mad. They went to the library after dinner to do readings!!! I'm still slacking, as usual. Got to start searching for textbooks!

Gotta go now. No pics for today cos I'm lazy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

desmond lah!!!! hahahahahhaha u shd noe wad im ans to..how can u not noe rite, after ALL e things tt we did to him. hahahahhahah

OOOOOOOO KITE RUNNER. i just read e book!! duper ultra nice!! pls fini it yar..its nice~

wahh cooking sessions, cool~ u can be e campbell soup guru liao (we keep cooking tt in hall) hahah..

-sh

lee said...

oh shu hui! u're so right. it's not as easy as it seems to make mashed potatoes. damn bloody hot! haha. i shld have paid attention to how to make the potatoes, not to the person. haha! kidding.
haha! guru?! u're always the one making! i'll just stand and watch. i'll become a cook guru after staying in US for so long. ha!

sharon.