Friday, June 04, 2010

Melbourne- Phillip Island

Philip Island day was the start of the adventure of a lifetime!!!
I DROVE!!!!!!!!!!!
I hardly drive in Singapore. And all the car scratches were caused by me. haha! I'm such a lousy driver. I dunno what possess shuling and I to rent a car! haha!!!
I was quite nervous the night before. But I'm so glad we decided to rent a car!!!!
I swear it was the most exciting thing ever in the trip!!!

I'm proud to say I DROVE!!!!!! haha!!! And the whole trip was rather smooth. With occasional screw-ups such as wrong turns. Thanks shuling for being my VC. Giving me instructions from the GPS. Sounds damn cock but I dunno how to use the GPS. haha! I need shuling to translate the information for me!

Anyway, on thursday, we left shuling's apartment rather early to get to Budget. Her housemate, Meisze dropped us there! As we booked everything the night before, we just had to retrive the car and make payments.

So, after a very short while, I started to drive!!! (I'm feeling excited again. haha!) Since I hardly drove in Singapore, I had to check out the mechanisms of driving. It turned out quite okay! The starting part was scary as I had to turn out to a highway. The min. speed limit was 100km/h!!! So damn fast. And I had to U-turn. Got honked at for being too slow. Thereafter, everything was okay!!!!!!!

The drive to Phillip Island was easy as there were so many road signs pointing out to there! The scenery was so nice!!! Lots of greenery and farm animals along the way. haha!

The drive! Obviously, Shuling was the one taking the picture. haha!
An attempt to take a pic of me! hahaha! I made her do it. Prove that I drove!
Pretty unglam shot of me.
As u can see, I hold the steering wheel very tightly. haha!
The car was pretty unstable. Hyundai Getz.
But I love bumpy journey!!!
Me again.
And ME!!!! A proud driver!!!
Along the way to Phillip Island. So country side like! Love it!



The bridge to cross over to the island!
My car for the day.
Hyundai Getz.
A chocolate factory. Not a huge fan of chocolate.
Would have loved to go into the factory. But it's ex!
The penguins and everything are made of chocolate!
White, dark milk etc! Amazing!
On our way to Churnhill Island, another island off Phillip Island.
It's so scenic!!! So many sheep, cows and horses.

And there's a lavender farm!
It smells just like my lavender hand cream.




I can just sit there forever and emo to the sea. haha!!!


Amaze things is a place filled with illusions. Like what I learnt in Psychology! Gestalt psychology, I think.
A clock which goes backward!

It was pouring! So we had to have our lunch at the BBQ corner, which was sheltered.
There was hardly anyone! Cos it's a very wet and gloomy day. Not a day for Phillip Island. But I love it!!!

We then went to the Wildlife park. I thought it'll be like the one in Perth where there'll be a lot of people and very few kangaroos. But I was so wrong!!!

The kangaroos outnumbered the humans, basically just Shuling and I. hahahha! The place was quite rundown! And I swear there were just a few people. It's so freaky cos the place is huge!!! And there're kangaroos at every corner.

I was seriously very scared and jumpy. I had to hide behind Shuling. haha! She taught me how to feed them.
A Tasmania devil! So cute! It's like a cross between a dog, pig and bear. hahhaa!
See how scared I was?! haha! And this was a very small one.
We encountered very HUGE ones!!!
The way the huge ones hop were so scary! It felt like they're going to pound to me!
See how cute a koala bear is!!!
Another pic of Tasmania devil.
This is what Shuling and I call the "protection fee". haha!
The kangaroos guarded every area so tight that it's impossible to cross without distracting them away! So we had to sprinkle some away so we can pass them. haha! Kangaroos are like the gangsters of the park.
Another pic of the car! It became very dirty!!! haha!

I drove to the nobbies. or noobies. Crap. I can't rmb. I simply love this place. It's what I imagined great ocean road to be! This place is worth much more the effort driving to than great ocean road.
There're waves crashing against the cliffs! Awesome.
Shuling and I. It was very cold then. Plus, it rained on and off. But totally worth the hike up!
eh, I thot this pic has a penguin underneath. haha! Posted the wrong pic!
Under the boardwalk, Shuling spotted a penguin!!!!!!!! or rather, 2!!! So cool!

This is the observatory center where we learnt more about marine life.
It's so big and spacious inside!!!
See how dark and gloomy it was! Plus my camera ain't of good quality.
The sign warned us about wildlife. AND IT"S SO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
As I was driving, I saw a kangaroo at the side of the road. As I drove nearer to it, it started to cross the road!!!!!!! hahaa!!! I had to let it cross. So cool!!!!!!!!

There were many kangaroos spotted hidden in the tall grasses! It's much more fun to see a kangaroo in the wild than in a wildlife park.

Finally, it was dark enough to proceed to see the penguin parade. Basically, it's a place at the beach where we wait for the penguins to come home. We got to walk the penguins back to their homes!!! The penguins are really cute! Very small and stout. And they walk like they're going to topple over any moment. hahaha!

It's such a pity that no photographs were allowed to be taken. But that's perfectly understandable!

See how cold it was!
Indeed, we spotted penguins near the carpark!!! Luckily none under my car. haha!
This was in the center.

See the postbox? I sent postcards back to home, Jeff and to RACHEL TAN!!! hahaha!
Shuling had to call her housemate who was at home for Rae's add!
We love this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contrary to how people described Phillip Island as too touristy, it's a MUST GO place for me! I learnt a lot about marine life, got in touch with farm animals and had so much fun and adventure!!! I'll definitely go again!!!

No comments: