Thursday, June 10, 2010

Melbourne- Great Ocean Road

Shuling and I joined Jiaxi and gang to great ocean road. THANKS so much to Jiaxi for taking time out to bring us there!

Shuling and I had our "Amazing race" moments when we returned the car. haha! I was super panicky cos I'm not sure of the road. Shuling was telling me to turn but it was red light! (but according to Jiaxi, I can turn. So Shuling was right.) But I didn't dare to turn! haha! It was really hilarious with Shuling telling me to move but I refused. In the end, I just turned and I glad I did.

I was so relieved when I returned the car! No damages done! Whee!!! And I thought it'll be the end of my driving adventure in Aus.

BUT HELL NO!!!!!!!!!! Jiaxi let me drive her toyota yarris!!!!!!!!! (sam told me it was yarra. and I believed. hahaha!!! she's always tricking me.) So nice of her!!! To let a stranger drive her car. It's so much more stable than Hyundai Getz.

The road up to Great Ocean Road ain't easy. Cos we chose the scenic route, we had to cut through mountains! There were so many sharp turns and the road was pretty steep. Again, I felt so proud of myself!!! I survived a difficult drive up!!! It's like initial D. haha!!!

Actually, I shouldn't be that proud of myself. The way Jiaxi drove was way cooler. She didn't make a big deal out of it. Either she's very humble, or she's very good! I love the way she drove. She made the ride so smooth and comfortable!!!

The first stop!
Sam and I! Finally met her after days. And I had my cheeseburger!
Another stop along Great Ocean Road. The 12 apostles.
I didn't know we reached the famous stop! haha!

I was a little disappointed. No great giant waves crashing against the cliffs.
The noobies in Phillip Island was cooler.

I overdressed for that day. haha! Shuling told me it'll be as cold as Phillip Island!
So, I wore my thermal. HAHA!!!

I couldn't remove my jacket. Cos I was wearing my sleeping wear!!! hahaha!




We then walked down to the beach.
It would have been great in summer!

The water was really cold!!! Felt very refreshing.


The snack Sam and I got. haha!
Didn't taste that delicious. But good enough for the greedy ones.
There were lots of seagulls!
To Jiaxi, they're like crows.
But crows do not look as angelic as them.
Jiaxi being very brave.
She studies Vet science in Aus!


Fantastic view!




The drive home. Obviously I'm not the one driving. haha!
Awesome sunset!


Huijia was acting like Jesus christ. haha!!! With the sun as the backdrop.

I love this pic!!!
Sam said it would have been better if there's a huge transformer truck coming right up behind us. HAHA!!!
Mexican food! Can't rmb the name but I stuck the receipt in my diary.
Not too bad. But not too good either. hahaha! I prefer Asian food.
At the pancake/waffle place! I love the cosy ambiance. And best, it opens till late!!!
Good for bored Singaporeans like us!

No comments: