Thursday, April 22, 2010

Say I'm pretty, NOW.

It's so funny when Amy sms-ed me to tell me that her friend said I'm pretty. haha! Yes, I'm flattered. However, I know where I stand!

For many years and many years ago, I used to think that I'm drop dead gorgeous. HAHA! No kidding. My confidence is just overwhelming. In other words, very buay huiay bai (okay seems off. haha! But it means shameless.)

In NTU Hall camp, there's a segment which is hall pageant. Obviously, I won't wanna be there. But I secretly (not so secretly now) hoped to get picked! HAHA! okay it's so lame. I just wanna get picked for the sake of it! I thought I looked okay. Even though I looked like this:




HAHA!
Taken just before I entered NTU.
There's a reason why I looked like that.
But the main point is, I think I'm pretty even with that look!!!
How confident can I get?!!! hahaa!

So, what woke me up was my D&D pictures!
I can't believe how bad I look.
How I pale in comparison to the others.

Also, in my group Zaleh, almost all the girls got chosen!!!
Sam didn't get chosen cos (i think) she pon camp for too many days!
The rest got chosen for the preliminary round.
Amazing right?
My group (somehow, which I doubt was random) was made up of all the pretty girls,

EXCEPT ME!haha!
U SEE!!!!
What's worse?
Ashton so pretty!!!
Some more sit beside me! haha!
More pretty girls!
This was the initial part of dinner.
I got more and more awkward afterwards.
With summer!
I think she rejected pageant.
Can't remember but I know she got selected for the interview!
With Desmond!
This was the picture that totally shattered my confidence.
I felt so out of place here!
Like I'm some werido who anyhow chap in.


See my Zaleh group.
Everyone looked so good!
Even got a hall king!

Not to say that I don't like hall. In fact, I love the environment!!! Esp in hall 11! So many trees!!! Then at night super quiet and breezy. Plus got insect sound. (sounds very foresty. haha! feels like i'm in the woods. and omg. when it rains, it's super cosy to snug under my bed!!!)

I also like hall people! (Most!) Thus, not to say that I don't like staying in hall. But, reality sucks! Some more, there's a feeling of being outcast-ed cos of looks. Obviously it's not so blatant! It's just the vibe!

That is why I LOVE BEING IN USA SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I look ugly, but never have I felt the left out. Maybe cos naturally when u're overseas, nobody knows u and u dunno anybody. I dunno la! But I felt so comfortable being myself over there! Even when I looked super bad, I don't care!


Gosh, I LOVE MYSELF!!!!

No comments: