Sunday, January 01, 2012

Phuket 2011

I went for a short getaway with Jeffrey to Phuket! Surprisingly, I didn't take as many pictures as I usually would. Maybe Phuket was toooooo beautiful that I didn't wanna take it off my eyes. haha! Okay LAME.

I love Patong beach for it's "wavy" sea. Get it? haha! I love to ride on the waves! A bit scary thou. I can imagine a tsumani coming up to engulf me. I would love to try surfing too! But, I fear that my contacts will drop off when the water hits me. Too bad then.

If only Phuket wasn't so touristy. Everything felt more ex than usual. Like a ride from hotel to airport can cost SGD$30. Felt a bit overpriced. And we had a seafood meal which costed more than SGD$200!!!! Crazy right? But we had the most awesome lobster ever.

Another thing. Everything also MUST bargain. Stupid me didn't ask the market rate for the tour. A Phi Phi Island tour should cost only about 1400 Baht. But we paid 1900 Baht. Cos we saw that the advertised rate was 3000 Baht. We thought we got a good price. So, conclusion is, always research before going anywhere!

The very famous Patong Beach! It was taken from a restaurant, which is quite high class. See those tents? Those are make shift kitchen and food places. Looks interesting. But dare not try. haha!
Phi Phi Island. So many angmohs!!!
More angmohs! They're everywhere!!!

Monkey bay! Damn a lot of monkeys. We were given bananas to feed.
The restaurant where we had lunch. Not fantastic. And there were SO MANY cats.
Spot the cockroach?
EW. haha! Took pic for evidence. But didn't bring it up to the hotel ppl. Our hotel is actually quite classy. B Lay Tong. It's a new hotel. I like it. Never mind the cockroach. haha!
Mac Cafe to end it off!

Phuket is way too touristy alr. Guess it's how the locals earn. I like the beach thou! I'm beginning to like beaches! Langkawi is still my first love. haha!

No comments: